Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1

My first experience of chemo was fine I only had some nausea the second day of chemo. But first I'll start with the part of the surgery for the marrow aspiration, port so I don't have to get poked every time, and they took some more cells for research. They had to try four times before they got an iv. We got to the hospital at 9:30 am and they didn't take me back for the surgery that was scheduled for 11:30 am, until 2:30. When they first put on the mask for the medicine to put me under it was as if they were tyring to smother me. After that feeling I don't remember much until they had me in the recovery room where my immediate family visited to see how I was doing. They then took me up to my room where my parents left and my sister stayed with me. They gave me the chemo that Thursday night. The only thing that was weird was that my urine was pink. Then again on Friday night. Saturday morning I felt a little bit nausea. But I was happy to finally go home Saturday afternoon. Today I feel real uneasy just with all the holes from the surgry, and just everything. I am just very uneasy about everything.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hang in there Kev! You have the best doctors in the world helping you!

Tkebp1287 said...

Hey buddy, hang in there! You have a great family helping you as well!