Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28

I'm sorry I haven't kept the blog up to date. The surgery date is set for September 3 probably late in the day. They said that I would be in the hospital at least for a week. They said it would between reconstruction to a total hip replacement, they will use cadaver bone to replace the bone they cut out then use a steel rod to help stabilize everything. ON top of cutting out a huge piece of tissue and muscle about the size of a tennis ball . The MRI showed the mass has decrease 2 inches totally all the way around. They said that originally it was 5 inches by???? I was lost after the point of being smaller. I started the online classes o yippee class. They are also are going to give me an epidural for the pain. I feel its going to go pretty good I'm just going to leave it at that.

1 comment:

tracie said...

good luck tomorrow and best wishes for a speedy (and comfortable) recovery!