Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16

Well my admission went pretty well it was the long admission I went in Thursday and came home Sunday afternoon. The only thing is that they gave me two units of blood to help my hemoglobin because apparently it was low. They have a different set for having the blood go in. I don't know the whole thing about watching blood go into my body made me nauseous. Then a couple hours later, this was the second day of chemo. Then on the second time the nurse ran the chemo an hour too fast. This made me very nausea more than normal plus I was going to the bathroom like every 15 minutes. She said it was OK they just do it over 3 hrs because people get less nausea with doing it that way. So anyway my body is giving the middle finger to the chemo, in the essence that I lost most of the long hair on the top of my head but I still have the peach fuzz, with some lingering traces of my hair color. After the main loss of hair I've notice some peach fuzz coming back on my shoulder. I've also noticed some things like my nails that they don't grow for a couple days and then like the next morning I end up having to cut my nails. I ended up having to have to bring my own soap to the hospital because their fricken soap really was starting to bother me. It was the smell of doctors and I just can't stand that smell anymore. The July 4 weekend I went camping with my friend Josh. Friday we mainly got his camper to where his parents camper is parked.We then went to see the tall ships that were parked in the Sandusky bay, after that we went and got some ice cream , Mike you would have gone into diabetic coma from how big the ice cream was. I couldn't even finish mine. The large was piled almost a foot tall of ice cream. The place made their own ice cream in the back and sold it in the front. Saturday we all went to Put-in-Bay and drove around in a golf cart all day, and did a whole bunch of stuff. I even got to drive the golf cart they were all complaining about my driving but I just ignored them I didn't complain of one of them that kept driving over the yellow line. Then lastly on Sunday we went and drove the go carts at like a Chucky Cheese. Then we went swimming for 3 hrs, then we packed up and left. I had so much fun that weekend, we are hopefully planning another weekend he again before summer ends.

2 comments:

Kim said...

YOU WERE AT PUT-IN-BAY SATURDAY OF THE 4TH?!?!?! I WAS AT PUT-IN-BAY ON SATURDAY TOO!!!! YOU TURD!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT'S WHERE YOU GUYS WERE GOING CAMPING?!?! :) MAN! And you had a golf cart! I was trying to hitchhike a ride on a golf cart. :)

Glad to hear you had a good time that weekend! Hang in there!

Kim

Mike said...

I'm going into a coma just thinkina about all that ice cream! Lucky!!! Glad to hear you are doing well, I'll see you this weekend.